Activate eSIM On GLO, 9mobile or Airtel
Are you wondering if you can activate eSIM on GLO, 9mobile or Airtel? Whether or not you can activate 9mobile esim, Airtel Nigeria esim, or GLO esim Nigeria would depend on your phone or device. If you are sure your device is eligible for esim activation, you can visit any of the stores of your service provider to get help with the esim activation process.
The MTN, GLO, Airtel and 9mobie eSIM are FREE and available to both new & existing customers, provided the customer has an eSIM-enabled device.
Airtel eSIM Card for Smartphone & Smartwatch (Convert your Physical Airtel SIM to Airtel eSIM )
- Initiate the eSIM conversion process by sending an SMS with “eSIM<>registered email id” to 121.
- If the email id is valid, you will receive a confirmation SMS. Respond to the prompt with “1” within 60 seconds to confirm the eSIM change request. If the email id is invalid, you will be instructed to re-initiate the process with the correct email id.
- After confirming the eSIM change request, you will receive an SMS asking for consent over a call. If you do not give consent request for SIM change will be cancelled.
- Once you consent over the call, you will receive a final SMS containing a QR Code on your registered email id.
- Upon receiving the QR Code, scan it immediately using the instructions in the SMS.
- Activation of the eSIM may take around 2 hours, and your existing SIM will continue to work during this period.
Remember that the QR code is unique and can only be used once on one device. Do not select the “Delete” option in the eSIM settings, as it will permanently delete the eSIM profile.
If you are a postpaid customer and don’t receive the email with the QR Code within 30 minutes or abort the scanning process, send an SMS with “NOSIM” to 121 to avoid disconnection of your physical SIM.
Visit the nearest MTN store in your area. One of their specialised customer care agents will examine your device to check whether your phone is eligible for MTN eSim. If it is, they will guide you through the process.
So, have you ever heard of an eSIM? It’s a tiny chip that’s built right into your phone or another mobile device, and it works like a digital SIM card. Instead of having to physically remove and replace a physical SIM card when you want to switch carriers or plans, you can do it all remotely with an eSIM.
Keep reading for detailed information on activating Esim in Nigeria!!
This technology is getting more and more popular, especially with smartphones, tablets, and smartwatches. But it’s also used in other cool things like connected cars and Internet of Things (IoT) devices.
So, if you’re tired of dealing with pesky physical SIM cards, maybe it’s time to check out an eSIM!
What Networks Provider In Nigeria Support eSIM?
eSIMs were still pretty new in Nigeria, and not all mobile carriers had jumped on board yet. However, the two big network providers, MTN and 9mobile, had both launched eSIM services for their customers.
MTN Nigeria’s eSIM service was available for both prepaid and postpaid customers, while 9mobile’s eSIM service was initially only available to postpaid customers. To activate an eSIM on either network, customers had to go to an MTN or 9mobile experience centre with a valid ID.
eSIM providers in Nigeria
Airtel Nigeria, one of the top telecommunications companies in the country, has recently unveiled its new eSIM (embedded SIM) technology. This innovative feature allows customers to enjoy the same benefits as physical SIM cards but in a digital format. Apart from Airtel, MTN Nigeria, GLO Mobile Nigeria & 9mobile. Currently, have all launched their eSIM. However, no Nigerian mobile operator offers eSIMs to prepaid customers.
Activate eSIM On GLO, 9mobile or Airtel
If you want to activate eSIM on GLO, 9mobile or Airtel, you’ll need to visit the nearest service center for the respective network provider with your device and ID card. At the service center, you’ll need to fill out a form and provide your device’s IMEI number. Once everything is confirmed, you’ll be able to activate your eSIM and start using it on your device.
Downloading an eSIM profile is also a straightforward process. Simply scan the QR code provided to you by the customer care agent, and it will take you to where you can download the profile.
If you’re wondering which phones are eSIM enabled, you can check with the respective network provider or consult their website for a list of compatible devices.
Glo eSIM QR code
To obtain a Glo eSIM QR code, you can follow the process outlined below:
- Visit a Glo Experience Center or any designated Gloworld outlet. These are physical stores where you can receive assistance with your eSIM activation, you may know them better as “GLO office”.
- Request an eSIM activation or conversion to eSIM from the Glo representative at the store. Provide the necessary details and documents they may require, such as your national identity card and existing Glo SIM card.
- The Glo representative will initiate the eSIM activation process for you. They will also generate a unique QR code associated with your eSIM.
- Once the QR code is generated, it will be provided to you either in print or electronically, depending on the store’s process. Ensure that you receive the QR code.
- Now, you can proceed with scanning the QR code on your device. Follow the instructions provided by the Glo representative or refer to the device-specific instructions provided by Glo for eSIM activation.
- Open the settings on your device, navigate to the eSIM or mobile data settings, and look for the option to add a new eSIM or scan a QR code.
- Select the option to scan the QR code and use your device’s camera to capture the QR code provided by Glo.
- Once the QR code is scanned successfully, your device will start the eSIM activation process. It may take a few moments for the activation to complete.
- Follow any further prompts or instructions on your device to complete the eSIM activation process.
It’s important to note that the availability and process for obtaining a Glo eSIM QR code may vary based on your location and the specific policies of Glo. Therefore, it’s advisable to contact Glo customer support or visit a Glo store for accurate and up-to-date information on obtaining an eSIM QR code.
MTN esim activation
If you’re interested in setting up an eSIM with MTN, you’ll need to visit one of their stores to have your device checked for eligibility by a customer care agent before you can activate mtn esim.
Don’t worry if you’re not sure where the nearest store is, please visit the MTN Stores Page to find the closest one to you.
A customer care agent will guide you through the setup process and help you get your eSIM up and running.
Activating The eSIM After Confirming Its Eligibility
If you’re an iPhone user and want to activate an eSIM with MTN, follow these steps:
First, make sure your device is eligible by having it checked by a customer service rep. If it is, they’ll give you a QR code to activate your eSIM.
Next, go to your phone’s settings and select “Mobile Data.” Tap on “Add Data Plan,” and scan the QR code you received from the customer care agent.
After that, the customer care agent will link the SIM serial and PUK number on the QR code with your mobile number. And Voila! Your new eSIM is good to go.
Checkout Devices that are compatible with the 9mobile eSim, MTN eSim And Airtel eSim
|Apple||iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, iPhone XS, XS Max, iPhone XR|
|Samsung||Samsung S20 Series|
|Pixel 3, 3 XL, Pixel 4, 4 XL|
What is eSIM on iPhone?
eSIM is this cool new thing on iPhones that lets you activate a phone plan without a physical SIM card. It’s basically like having two phone numbers or plans on the same phone!
This means you can easily switch between different carriers without having to swap out your SIM card. It’s especially handy when travelling because you can just activate a local plan on your iPhone without a new SIM card.
To use eSIM on your iPhone, you just need to make sure your carrier supports it and activates it through the Settings app. Adding a new plan is easy too – you can either scan a QR code or type in the details manually.
To activate your eSIM after you set up your iPhone
If you’re setting up your iPhone and want to activate your eSIM, there’s a straightforward process to follow.
When you reach the “Set Up Cellular” screen during the initial setup process, you’ll see an option to “Use QR Code.” Simply touch on this option to begin the eSIM activation process.
Using the QR code is an easy way to activate your eSIM, as it eliminates the need to enter a lengthy SIM card number manually. Once you tap “Use QR Code,” your iPhone’s camera will activate, and you can scan the QR code provided by your carrier to complete the activation process.
Not all carriers support eSIM activation via QR code, so you may need to follow alternative activation steps if this option isn’t available. However, if your carrier does support QR code activation, it’s a quick and convenient way to get your eSIM up and running in no time.
What can eSIMs do?
An eSIM or embedded SIM card can perform most of the functions of a regular SIM card, while also offering additional benefits. It allows users to access cellular networks. You can also use it to make voice calls, send messages, and use data services, similar to a traditional SIM card.
One of the significant advantages of eSIMs is their versatility. They provide users with the flexibility to switch between mobile carriers and plans with ease, without the need to replace a physical SIM card. This feature can be particularly useful for travellers who may prefer to switch to a local carrier when visiting a new country.
Furthermore, eSIMs have the potential to facilitate connectivity for more devices. For instance, IoT devices such as wearable fitness trackers and smart home sensors can leverage eSIMs to connect to the internet without requiring a physical SIM card.
What devices support eSIM?
eSIM technology is becoming increasingly popular. It is now supported by a wide range of devices, including smartphones, tablets, smartwatches, and even some laptops.
Some examples of devices that support eSIM:
- Apple iPhone 12, 13, and newer models
- Google Pixel 3, 4, 5, and newer models
- Samsung Galaxy S20, S21, and newer models
- Microsoft Surface Pro X and Surface Duo
- iPad Pro and iPad Air (3rd and 4th generation)
- Apple Watch Series 3 and newer models
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 and newer models
- Huawei Watch 2 Pro
- Some laptops, such as the Microsoft Surface Pro X, HP Spectre Folio, and Lenovo Yoga 630
What Is The Difference Between An eSim And A Physical SIM Card?
The fundamental difference between an eSIM and a physical SIM card is that an eSIM is built into a device, while a physical SIM card is a removable chip that you insert into a device.
eSIMs are super convenient because you don’t have to physically remove or replace them. This can be especially useful for devices that have a sealed design or are hard to access. With an eSIM, you can switch between carriers and plans with ease, without a physical SIM card.
Furthermore, eSIMs are also more flexible than physical SIM cards because they can store multiple profiles. This means you can switch between carriers and plans quickly, which is especially useful for frequent travellers. Plus, eSIMs can be activated over the air, so you don’t even have to go to a store to set them up.
On the other hand, physical SIM cards have been around for a long time and are still widely used today. They’re not as flexible as eSIMs, but they’re readily available and easy to replace if you lose or damage them. They also don’t require as much power as eSIMs, which is good for devices with limited battery life.
So, whether you go with an eSIM or a physical SIM card depends on what you need and prefer. Both have their advantages and disadvantages, so it’s up to you to decide which one works best for you.